To Bethlehem partners, supporters, friends and guests;
For anyone who is considering travel, near or far, this is a time of growing concern around COVID-19 (‘coronavirus’). The Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the current public health risk associated with coronavirus as low. However, it is a time to be aware and proactive, and with this in mind, I wanted to provide you with an update on our response to date. The health, safety and well-being of our employees and guests at the Centre is paramount, and we are following the lead of federal, provincial and local public health authorities at this important time. We are committed to providing a safe environment at the Centre, will continue to monitor developments.
First and foremost, I want to assure our guests that we are taking all appropriate measures to ensure our rooms and facilities are safe and that we have plans in place to ensure they stay that way.
At Bethlehem Centre we hold ourselves to very high standards of cleanliness at all times. However, we have taken additional steps to ensure safety, including:
- All surfaces are being washed with our usual hydrogenic cleaner and then secondarily sprayed with quaternary sanitizer.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in all high ‘hand touch’ areas, which includes more frequent wiping and sanitization
- Extra deep cleaning is being done to each room after guest check out
- Coronaviruses are easily eliminated by routine surface cleaning and the cleaning products we use are industrial-grade for general space and food-service approved for areas of food preparation and service
- Frequent, daily communications updates shared and discussed with all staff
- Increasing communications and reminders with guests and posted signage about the importance of precautionary health and safety measures
To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone who is feeling unwell refrain from visiting us so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone. Staff are aware that they are not to report to work if they have any indications of ill health. We are a small organization and are all interconnected.
We remain open and welcome guests every day. As with the rest of the world, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide updates as needed. We also encourage our guests to stay up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon.
Executive Director, Bethlehem Centre