As a part of our summer student hiring program, Bethlehem Centre is looking for a part-time housekeeper to join our cleaning team August-October (with potential for continued employment). 20 hours per week.
Reports to: Head of Housekeeping
Key areas of responsibility:
The housekeeper will be responsible for cleaning rooms and common areas, disposing of trash, changing beds, and notifying maintenance of any issues and having an eye for cleanliness. This role is an important part of our guest experience.
- Keep facilities and common areas clean and maintained.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Clean and stock restrooms.
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Notify managers of necessary repairs.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Assist guests when necessary.
- Keep the linen room stocked.
- Properly clean upholstered furniture and carpets.
- Has an eye for what needs to be done
- Can prioritize and organize tasks
- Takes initiative and problem solving
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting
- Strong Communication Skills (with an excellent command of written and spoken English)
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well unsupervised.
- Handle basic maintenance and cleaning.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and interact positively with guests.
- Hard worker.