As a part of the Canada Summer Jobs program, Bethlehem Centre is looking for an energetic Groundskeeper to keep the Centres grounds functional and looking beautiful from August – November (with potential for continued employment).
Job Description: Groundskeeper, Part-time summer student, 20 hours per week.
Reports to: Manager, Facilities
Key areas of responsibility:
The Groundskeeper will maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, paths, ponds and labyrinth for Bethlehem Centre, keeping the grounds looking pleasant at all times.
- Maintaining site landscaping, including lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, turf and irrigation.
- Operating power and hand tools, such as mowers, loppers, saws and shovels efficiently
- Utilizing insecticides and other treatments
- Keeping grounds free from trash, litter and debris, and emptying trash receptacles
- Removing snow by using a shovel (or snowblower)
- Small repairs, record keeping and other duties as required
- Has an eye for what needs to be done
- Can prioritize and organize tasks
- Takes initiative and problem solving
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting
- Strong Communication Skills (with an excellent command of written and spoken English)
- Demonstrates flexibility
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ year grounds keeping or related experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in using manual and power tools safely.
- Free from allergies that interfere with Groundskeeper duties.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
- Proficient with sending emails.
- Eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs program.