Attached is the Protocol being followed by Bethlehem Centre during the Pandemic.
Bethlehem Centre is a not for profit retreat and conference centre, with a goal of sharing its vision of “Spirituality without Borders”. We seek to fill the position of Executive Director. We seek a candidate who will work with staff and volunteers and lead collaboratively.
Bethlehem Centre, situated by Westwood Lake in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, has a long history, since 1987, as a place of hospitality and of spiritual practice. The Centre offers diverse programs which are in accordance with its charitable status mandate. It encourages organizations, groups, and individuals to come to the Centre as a place to explore their spiritual paths. We seek an individual who can promote the Centre and who shares our passion for the environment and our guests.
We seek a qualified professional with experience at a senior management level in non-profit and/or for-profit organizations. While work experience is important, we are also seeking a candidate that has an understanding/experience in a spiritual practice, and can whole heartedly embrace the Centre’s vision, mission and values.
The Centre requires a candidate who can meet challenges effectively, as it develops and seeks to offer support both as a conference and retreat centre, and as a service to some participants as a residential experience for a day or evening.
Management Leadership style
The candidate will interact with the board, staff and guests with respect, and without regard to race, gender identity, cultural ethnicity, or religious values. This person understands that their leadership style is to enable and support all staff to successfully meet the vision and values of Bethlehem Centre.
- To be a critical link to and liaise with the public, staff and board
- To act as an ex-officio, non-voting member, and recording secretary of the board
- To report financial, programming, staff updates and facility management needs in a timely manner
- To offer recommendations for meeting and changing long range planning goals
- To support and provide a collaborative working environment with all staff
- To take an effective leadership role in guiding the Centre to financial sustainability
- To be responsible for over all programming and assist the board with fundraising activities
To apply for the position of Director of Bethlehem Centre please apply by June 25th, 2020, and include:
✔ A letter of intent
✔ Personal data and contact information
✔ Education and relevant volunteer work and management experience
✔ Work history, present employment, and three references
All expressions of interest and resumes should be directed to:
Gerald Herkel, Chair of the Board of Directors, Bethlehem Centre
To our friends, supporters and partners;
We are pleased to announce that the Bethlehem Centre is planning to re-open on July 1, 2020. Keeping our guests, volunteers and staff safe is our top priority so we have implemented new social distancing, hygiene and cleaning protocols. We have reconfigured our bedrooms, dining areas, and meeting rooms to meet recommended guidelines. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Centre.
If you had a retreat booked and cancelled due to COVID – 19 we are happy to reschedule to another date in 2020, postpone until 2021, or refund any monies paid. With things just opening up we understand that some groups may not be quite ready to meet so if you have scheduled a retreat during July or August and would like to cancel or rebook a later date, we are happy to accommodate. Any deposits left with us for a future date won’t preclude you from requesting a refund at a later time if your needs change.
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don Evans, Interim Executive Director
To Bethlehem partners, supporters, friends and guests;
For anyone who is considering travel, near or far, this is a time of growing concern around COVID-19 (‘coronavirus’). The Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the current public health risk associated with coronavirus as low. However, it is a time to be aware and proactive, and with this in mind, I wanted to provide you with an update on our response to date. The health, safety and well-being of our employees and guests at the Centre is paramount, and we are following the lead of federal, provincial and local public health authorities at this important time. We are committed to providing a safe environment at the Centre, will continue to monitor developments.
First and foremost, I want to assure our guests that we are taking all appropriate measures to ensure our rooms and facilities are safe and that we have plans in place to ensure they stay that way.
At Bethlehem Centre we hold ourselves to very high standards of cleanliness at all times. However, we have taken additional steps to ensure safety, including:
- All surfaces are being washed with our usual hydrogenic cleaner and then secondarily sprayed with quaternary sanitizer.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in all high ‘hand touch’ areas, which includes more frequent wiping and sanitization
- Extra deep cleaning is being done to each room after guest check out
- Coronaviruses are easily eliminated by routine surface cleaning and the cleaning products we use are industrial-grade for general space and food-service approved for areas of food preparation and service
- Frequent, daily communications updates shared and discussed with all staff
- Increasing communications and reminders with guests and posted signage about the importance of precautionary health and safety measures
To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone who is feeling unwell refrain from visiting us so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone. Staff are aware that they are not to report to work if they have any indications of ill health. We are a small organization and are all interconnected.
We remain open and welcome guests every day. As with the rest of the world, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide updates as needed. We also encourage our guests to stay up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon.
Executive Director, Bethlehem Centre