We are looking for individuals seeking employment as hospitality workers. Come join us in a fun, friendly atmosphere and be a part of producing and serving excellent meals to guests. If you are seeking part time work with a flexible schedule, this is is the job for you! We also accept applications from mature workers looking for that little something to do in retirement!
No experience necessary
Must be 15 years of age or older
Able to carry trays of food and dishes
Willing to be flexible and take on extra tasks as needed
Sense of humour
Put food out on buffet table by taking food from kitchen to dining area.
clear tables and bus dishes
wipe down counters, tables etc
empty garbages and compost bins
other duties as requested by Chef
Wages commensurate with experience.
Seasonal Banquet Cook
We are looking for a competent and industrious individual with a passion for great food to assist our Chef in the day to day food service of our all-inclusive lakeside centre.
- Minimum one successful season with actual cook experience in a small resort, kids summer camp or all-inclusive retreat centre, would be an asset.
- Cook training level 2
- Ability to successfully produce excellent banquet style food(s) in a timely, food safe and efficient manner to Chef’s satisfaction.
- Great Communication skills and sense of humor.
- Critical thinking and some supervisory experience an asset.
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time and able to lift up to 20kg.
- Food safe level 1
Wages will commensurate with experience. Bethlehem Centre is a non-smoking property.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The volunteer services coordinator is responsible for the overall delivery of services by volunteers and the support of volunteers.
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Key areas of responsibility: (Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.)
- Design volunteer program – work with management to design the basic elements of a volunteer program and related materials.
- Implement and evaluate all volunteer recruitment, orientation and record keeping
- Recruit, screen, interview and check references of all volunteers. Together with management, assess suitability of potential volunteers for front-line service
- Design, implement and evaluate volunteer training program
- Conduct educational needs and assessments with individual volunteers and through specific sessions
- Manage volunteer education budget
- Provide volunteer supervision and volunteer assignment of duties
- Place bi-monthly call to all volunteers re: volunteer satisfaction
- Conduct yearly interviews re: volunteer satisfaction
- check in with volunteers on leaves of absence/ bereavement leave
- Coordinate volunteers’ assignments
- Recruit internal and external volunteers for specific assignments
- Ensure the development and/or maintenance of job descriptions for all volunteers
- Plan and execute all volunteer appreciation events
- Plan volunteer appreciation events
- Write submissions and/or coordinate volunteer submissions to the newsletter
- Manage volunteer appreciation budget
- Develop new, innovative ways to show appreciation to volunteers
- Plan annual open house event
- Recruit volunteers for committee
- Plan annual event in collaboration with management, including invitations,
- Manage budget for the event
- Evaluate the event
- Maintain volunteer lists, statistics, and forms.
- Maintain computerized volunteer address and phone lists – distribute regularly to staff
- Collect statistics re: volunteer recruitment, attrition, appreciation
- Review current forms & develop new forms as appropriate
- Represent the organization at volunteer coordinator events
- Attend volunteer coordinators’ network meetings
- Director and planning team on scheduling of activities and bookings
- Resident staff about ongoing activities and scheduling
Qualifications, skills and/or requirements:
- Belief in, support, and adherent to mission statement
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent judgment and discretion when working with the public and other staff
- Caring and hospitable attitude towards our guests
- Exemplary communication skills
- Polite and respectful approach in working with others
- Positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and to handle multiple interruptions
- Ability to listen
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities
To apply for this volunteer position, please forward your Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com